Those are questions asked by the artist in the illustrated poem – PALIA HORA – which is Greek for Old Capital City (or town). Palia Hora of Aegina island once was the home of the entire island. It was in the centre of the island and afforded (and still affords) magnificent views over the entire Saronic Gulf – which was it’s downfall, as the inhabitants turned to piracy – and the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire ordered his General (Barrabus) to destroy the town and kill all its people – as a matter of a lesson to all – The Greek people built the town over a thousand years – and each important family had their own Chapel to worship God (Greek Orthodox) . Barrabus – (who mother was Greek) however left 32 chapels standing in remembrance of his brother (who died at the early age of 32) and out of respect for his mother. Today the Chapels have been restored (respectfully) by the Greek Church and visitors can now see murals in the chapels from the 12th to the 15th century by master Greek painters whose names have faded with time.
painters and Tubes magazine
“It was a privilege to be a part of Tubes. The narrative that went alongside my work, was observant, insightful and encouraging. Any serious contemporary artist can only hope to be a part of this publications fabric.”
Paul Browne. UK artist.
” There are few publications that promote painters and their work, and Tubes is one magazine that does it particularly well.
Seeing my work so professionally presented (both online and in print) was quite a thrill. I found the exposure and recognition that the feature gave me personally encouraging, and I have been spurred on.”
Ron Coleman, MAFA artist.
“I feel so pleased that my work had been featured in such a prestigious magazine.”
Philip Westcott. Painter
- The Web Highway or the High Street way? Spike muses over selling Artpainters Tubes leading specialist art magazine‘Spike’ where do artists sell their paintings? A year or two ago I read an art exhibition review which was pretty damming, not only to the exhibition in question, but also to the artist who made it. This wasn’t an anti-post modernist twentieth century rant, nor was it an intellectual […]
- TUBES new issue – order a printed Magazine todaypainters Tubes leading specialist art magazineIn this issue: Excellent Article on plein air painting & a brilliant essay by Gregory Evans about taking risks (as a painter)The post TUBES new issue – order a printed Magazine today appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- TUBES NEWS for SEPT 2019painters Tubes leading specialist art magazineThe new TUBES is moving platforms to expanded platform for iPhones, Androids, iPads, Slates, Lap Tops, Desk TopsThe post TUBES NEWS for SEPT 2019 appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- abstract painting the formal and the free…painters Tubes leading specialist art magazineThe danger of 'Art on Web', if there is one, is there is possibly too much Art to look at. And perhaps too many twee images...The post abstract painting the formal and the free… appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- surpassing reality…painters Tubes leading specialist art magazineeverything in painting has been done already, so why bother to paint at all?The post surpassing reality… appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- illusionary world of artists freedom…painters Tubes leading specialist art magazinean illusionary world of Artistic freedom. article written by the Artist Denis Taylor.The post illusionary world of artists freedom… appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- Behind the Green Doorpainters Tubes leading specialist art magazineI strolled through the car park sucking on my empty pipe and coming to terms with an altered perception of my existence.The post Behind the Green Door appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- who is god? what is art?painters Tubes leading specialist art magazineyellow, blue, and red my feet among you tread...The post who is god? what is art? appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- artists of the revolutionpainters Tubes leading specialist art magazineWhen you think of the word 'Revolution' another word automatically springs to mind to precede it....The post artists of the revolution appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.
- Weltgeist of a painterpainters Tubes leading specialist art magazineThe American art critic Donald Kuspit mentioned the word when discussing his book, "The End of Art" (2004) in an interview that was critical of contemporary Art at the time.The post Weltgeist of a painter appeared first on painters TUBES magazine.